Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Canning Alone...or Not Really:)

9/10/12

After yesterday's worship and fun canning ride last night (read about it HERE), I was pumped to get together with some of my favorite "Canning Crew" members for our Monday regular route night! However, both gals declined my invite, which means that I'd have to go ALONE! 

**NOTE: Trav does not like it when I go out alone or in bad weather. So this made me get creative with who I could have go with me. 
  • I decided that I would take Olsen with me--that means I'm not alone! Which in the end, Olsen wasn't much help. He sat in the truck and jumped back and forth from the front/back seats, and when I would get back into the truck, he would jump to the front and give me two or three kisses on my face. This slowed me down quite a bit, but I love when he goes with me. 
  • And when I realized Olsen wasn't going to be much of a "canning partner", I decided to put the "Canning Advisor" {Daria} on the phone with me. Now I really wasn't alone:) We talked the entire time--it was so much fun! It was like she was literally there with me. LOVE it!!

OK--let me explain why I look so crazy in this photo! 
  1. The hat--I had to take a picture for the blog...and I just happen to take this right after I took Olsen out for a potty break before we left. I didn't really wear the hat while canning! 
  2. The fanny pack-- Since I knew I was going to be on the phone with Daria, I had to use my ear piece. But I need a place to put the phone while using this gadget. This fanny pack comes in real handy and it's the perfect size for my phone!!!!!!!
  3. The socks/crocs-- ever since yesterday, I cannot feel my big right toe! It actually hurts to walk on it. Plus, my toes are always cold...so I put some socks on. Then I put on my crocs because they are comfortable. And there you have it--socks/crocs:)

1 comment:

JLamborn3 said...

I'm looking at the picture and reading that you just took Olsen for a potty break ... and see all the water(?) around him ... LOL!