Friday, September 14, 2012

Sunday Pick-Up and MORE Extended Canning Crew Members


9/2/12

After being gone for a week and missing several regular pick-ups because of the weather and recycling schedule changing, the Cans4Christ crew was SUPER excited to see what the C4C trailer had collected this week. **I wish I had got a picture of it before we started emptying it--it was packed FULL!!! THANK YOU!

After church, we met up with Canning Princess Tami and her husband. They offered to help empty the trailer. We said we would meet out there in a few minutes. Well....I'm a social butterfly and a few minutes turned into fifteen or more. As Trav and I finally made our way outside, we saw Jason and Tami already emptying the trailer! What a blessing--it's a tough job, especially when you are dressed up in your Sunday Best!!!! 
And while we were finishing up, several friends came over and dropped off their bags! Here's more of the "Extended Canning Crew"!!! 

This is Jim! We are so thankful for his full bag of cans--LOVE it! 
This is our young friend, Cooper. We found out that he enjoys going around the neighborhood picking up cans and asking neighbors on recycling day! Great job, Cooper! 
And this is Nicole. She has two bags this week!!!!!!!! HOOOOOORAY! Keep collecting those cans, Nicole;)
This collection of cans from the Cans4Christ trailer made my excitement grow! I have to admit that I was a bit sad that I didn't bring any cans home from vaca and that the storm this week caused us to miss our pick-ups....but God has shown me that He is in control and that many FAC members are wanting to help this ministry increase. God showed me that even when I cannot collect as many cans as I want....He will provide if I trust Him and give Him authority over it all. He also reminded me that these cans and this ministry are all about Him! This made me realize that even if we collect a small amount of cans...God will bless our offerings. I'm so thankful for these little lessons and blessings;)  

No comments: