Sunday, September 30, 2012

Early Morning Ride

9/17/12

Trav had the morning off, and we needed to stop by our old neighborhood...so we decided to just go canning on our bikes. 


I always enjoy going canning with Trav on our bikes because I don't have to climb into the woods! Lately the woods have been scaring me--there are bugs, spider webs, and recently we've seen several SNAKES! So I just send Trav in there:) Unfortunately, Trav was bit twice by ants while getting cans today. **NOTE TO SELF: I must get some ant bite medicine and leave it in my basket for such occasions! 

Sometimes on our rides, Trav gives out points (kind of like when I give out gold stars during worship practice, and just like when Drew Carey gives out points on "Who's Line Is It Anyway"-- "The show where everything is made up, and the points {stars in my case} don't matter!"). This particular ride, I saw something shiny. I yelled out, "CAN!" Trav turned his bike around and asked where/what (sometimes he doesn't see what I see). I described the can as "crushed, green". He was so impressed that I saw this can from across the road while riding my bike and awarded me 10 points

A little down this same road, Trav yelled out "CAN!" I stopped and turned around to take a closer look near this area. I found nothing but saw something shiny way back near where we just rode past, right up against the road. I asked Trav if that was a can (and we could clearly see it was!!!). And get this--Trav said, "Minus 20 points!" WHAT???!! Why did he take away points? His answer was because I missed an "obvious" can. LOL! Funny that he didn't see it either:) 

You can see in this pic how far away this can was from us! Sometimes you see 'em...sometimes you don't! LOL!

We didn't do too bad for just riding around in our old neighborhood. We had a great time! 


Miles: 5.33

Bags: 1 and 2 ant bites
Points: -10 (better luck next time!)

No comments: