Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Forced ECC

2/8/13

I was overwhelmed when I pulled into the church parking lot today-- the Cans4Christ trailer was overflowing with about six big bags sitting next to it. I knew that Trav and I would be headed down to the recycling center tomorrow so I just went inside and continued with my scheduled meeting. 

But as soon as I walked inside the office, several people informed me that cans and bags somehow made it across the yard and near the back road. We thought maybe someone moved them... or there was a can bandit in the neighborhood... but then I remembered that there was a storm the night before with lots of wind! I didn't even see these bags when I pulled in-- I was in shock from the overflow that I missed the extra bags in the yard! LOL!

After being told three or four times about the cans and bags, I decided to start asking people to help me collect them back up. Everyone was "busy"....except for Belinda M.

Belinda is a HOOOOOT! She drove us over to the side yard because it was too far to walk-- and it was kind of hot out:) 
You can see that the wind was STILL blowing pretty hard while we were picking up the bags. 
Here's what the trailer looked like after we finished picking everything up.
Look at all of those cans!!! You might not be able to see all of the big black bags-- but there are about six large bags full of cans next/in front of the C4C trailer! LOVE it!

And here's a picture of Belinda afterwards! I labeled this post "Forced ECC" because I kind of forced Belinda into helping me--- but I bet you anything that she is now hooked on "canning"! LOL:)
THANKS, Belinda!!! Welcome to the Extended Canning Crew!!! Let's do it again soon:)

No comments: