Monday, February 4, 2013

Same but Different

1/26/13 continued

Yesterday's post {HERE} was about the beginning of our day-- recycling, chatting with Poppie, and having milkshakes. Today I'll share the end of the story/day:)

After Trav and I returned home, we received another text from Poppie saying he wanted to stop by our house. I asked him to bring his bike (so we could go for a ride), but he already had left and didn't have his bike with him. So I decided to put him to work instead! He helped Trav hang a huge frame/cork board in my studio. 
The package of crackers are from Poppie.

Then he checked out our front door. 
I love when Poppie stops by:) I always get him to help out with something-- LOL!

We had a good visit with Poppie and when he left, there was just enough light out for a quick bike ride. Trav and I suited up and started off to collect cans in our neighborhood-- again! Our neighborhood has lots of liter/cans!

And I know that we have said before that we weren't going to go into the woods...but I don't think that is true anymore. Trav was found going into the woods for cans during our entire ride! He did find several cans as he went into the woods further-- which again makes our catchphrase true:)
I took this pic as Trav headed into the brush to get one can...then he saw another one further back.
He got it! Click this pic to zoom in:)
Three cans in the woods-- totally worth it;) 

Now here's where I get the title of this post-- at the end of our bike rides, Trav and I always take a picture and talk about how far we have traveled/etc. Here's our pic.
And how far did we go?? Well... you would think that our trackers would have the same miles since we were right next to each other the entire bike ride! However, they were different! Trav must be peddling faster/more or doing u-turns and I don't know it:)
Miles: apparently I only went 3.95, and Trav went 4.06 miles
Bags: 1 bag

**NOTE: I have to admit that my "no good very bad day" ended up being one of my favorite days- spending time with family and Trav! 

No comments: