Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Blessing and Praise Report

1/3/13

We have two more posts from 2012 that we wanted to share with you....today's post really caught the 
Cans4Christ crew by surprise!!! 

The Story: Monday nights we have a regular route. Sometimes Kates and I stop by houses that we've never collected from before and ask if they would like to donate their cans to C4C. One Monday we met Gail (another Christian who agreed to let us take her cans weekly!). The next day I saw Gail in the grocery store. We chatted and talked about C4C and about her family--I found out that her husband had been diagnosed with Stage 4 Stomach Cancer. I told her that we would pray for him and stop by her house regularly. We did just that and chatted with Gail whenever we saw her outside or if she came to the door. Fast forward about a month-- while collecting cans from Gail's house, we met her son. He chatted with us and informed us that he worked at a bread warehouse and could donate bread to our church. We told him that would be wonderful and gave him our flyer (with contact info). Fast forward to Christmas Eve 2012....

The Blessing: I received a text at 7:30am (a bit too early for me but I still responded! LOL!) from Wayne, Gail's son. He let me know that he had a TON of bread for our church and that he needed me to pick it up today. 

I was soooooo excited that I started calling around and getting things ready-- this was the perfect day for our church to pass out bread/etc. because FAC usually does a special event for Christmas Eve. This was our 6th year having a service and music down at Laishley Park in Punta Gorda-- outside! We have had over 3000 attend this service before! PERFECT-- we could pass bread out there! 
Kates and I met up with Wayne in the afternoon and literally loaded up the truck! It was packed with donuts, cakes, muffins, and breads. We ran out of room! Bags and trays of bread everywhere! 
I wish I would have thought about getting a pic of the back of the truck--it literally was filled to the top of the cab with trays and bags of bread/cookies/donuts/etc. OH MY! 

The Praise: While we were loading up the goodies, Kates and I talked with Wayne about different things. I asked Wayne how his dad was doing with his chemo/radiation treatments. I was shocked by the news that we were given---Wayne's dad had finished treatment and went for a check-up this past week. The doctor said that there is NO EVIDENCE of cancer!!!!! There is only one reason---JESUS healed Wayne's dad!! Praise the LORD!! 

I cannot even explain how thankful we are to Wayne!!! Our church family and guests were sooooo blessed! And I was sharing Wayne and his dad's story all night-- it def. brought tears to our eyes!! I have to give credit to God for putting C4C in contact with Gail....whose son contacted us....and donated so much to our church.... on the most perfect night!!! God orchestrated it ALL!!!! 
These pictures were taken before our service/event---we had about four tables FILLED with goodies to pass out!!! THANK YOU, Wayne!!!!

Please continue to pray for healing for Wayne's dad, as well as praising the Father for this miracle!!! 

No comments: