Friday, January 11, 2013

JWP, Compassion International, and FAC/Cans4Christ

Last month, Trav and I lead worship alone one week. There's a lot of planning that goes on for a service-- sermon topic, song theme, special song ideas, videos, dramas, lights, media requests, ushers, connection cards, communion, offering, welcome/prayer/meet and greet, and so so SOOOOO much more! 

I went to our regular meeting for worship planning and discussed with the group my plans and ideas. Pastor Bob was preaching this week, and he really liked my suggestions. One in particular that he encouraged was sharing more about Cans4Christ

The STORY: Trav and I sponsor a child through Compassion International. His name is JWP. He is 10 years old. We correspond back and forth letting him know what's going on with us and sharing pictures of our dog/etc. 

I told Pastor Bob that I wanted to inform the church that Cans4Christ is being prayed for by a 10 year old boy in India! Trav and I shared our story during this service {picture below}. I think our congregation enjoyed seeing his picture and hearing part of his most recent letter. 
I love love love JWP and how he prays for us! I also love how God is using Cans4Christ!!!! 

No comments: