Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We're BAAAAACK on the Bikes:)

That's right-- Cans4Christ is back on the bikes!! 

Trav and I took some time off during the holidays to just ride around on our bikes for exercise. We did go canning on our bikes (check out THIS post) but our main goal was to just ride around. Sometimes, Trav and I will scope out the area by riding around (for exercise) and then go back to this area if we saw lots of cans. ***NOTE:: This only works if you have a good memory of what roads you were on!! LOL! Several times Trav will ask me if I wrote down where we saw cans! Guess that means I need to order the "BikeTracker" app!! :)

On 1/11, Trav and I wanted to take a bike ride-- not really sure if canning was in the plans, but it turned out that that didn't matter! We rode for 5 miles before turning around and only saw a handful of cans! 
Trav and I were going at a medium speed back home when we both hit our brakes! We saw a Chick-fil-A coupon laying on the side of the sidewalk!! We both agreed that we didn't see that coupon the first time around-- making this coupon a bonus for our canning trip today;)
Back in 2012, C4C (well....Trav and I only) decided that we weren't going to go into the woods anymore because of poison ivy/oak [see THIS post].... so I thought that dangerous attempts to get cans were out of the pictures.... but I guess not! Dangerous attempts are not the same as crawling around in the woods!! Trav proves this by going down this slope to get four cans! ***NOTE:: This probably isn't really dangerous...but that slope is steep and slippery if your shoes are in good condition...and I really don't want Trav to fall into the water! What if there is an alligator???? OY! So in my book-- this is DANGEROUS:)
It's a good thing we enjoy riding our bikes because tonight we collected a total of 8 cans!!! LOL! 
LOL--Trav decided not to smile in this pic! 


Miles: 8.25
Bags collected: 8 cans

No comments: