Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Monday Canning and Rethinking

10/01/12

Canning Route day!!! I get so pumped when Cans4Christ goes on Monday Night Routes. I don't think I've ever shared how many houses we visit on Monday nights... 15!!! This means so many cans are collected each week. Exhilarated??? I think so!!!!!!!!!

Today was a normal collection day for C4C. However, Olsen made it interesting. I've said it before that he enjoys "canning" with us {click HERE to see the video}, but he especially loves going canning when Kates goes. Here are some pictures that I snapped while out and about tonight. 
Olsen loves to watch us...wish he could help us more!
This is what I see when I try to get into the truck. Olsen doesn't like to stay in the back. LOL!
My phone camera isn't that great with a quick moving dog! LOL! 
 Olsen's favorite--Kates:}

I have to admit that Cans4Christ needs to rethink some things. Right now we need to rethink or come up with a better way to collect cans because of Daylights Saving time. It's getting darker and darker!!! We've come up with the idea of sending a letter to our friends/family/neighbors who allow us to collect asking them to bag their cans and set the bag near their mailbox. This would help us a TON because then we wouldn't be standing near the road searching their bins for cans in the dark. 

If you have any suggestions, please let us know! Send us an email at {Cans4Christ at gmail dot com}. 

No comments: